Ultra-fast 1 Gbps broadband: what does it really give me?
- The wait is overSurf the web and download your attachments 2.5 times faster, at up to 1,000 Mbps (or 1 Gbps) a second, with ultra-fast broadband.
- Effortless videoconferencingSay goodbye to the frustration of a frozen screen in the middle of a video call, even if several of you are using the connection simultaneously.
- Download your files smoothlyThe never-ending loading bar when downloading a PDF or high-resolution images to a shared space is a thing of the past.
- Even more responsiveDon't let the speed of your internet connection slow down your business applications and hamper your ability to respond in an emergency.
- Peaceful homeworkingNo more rows when working from home. The speed stays constant, even if your family is using the internet connection at the same time as you.
Available with all our PRO packages
Can I get Gigabit broadband at my place?
Reliable and always faster
Why choose cable broadband? Because this technology offers ultra-fast download speeds, even more so now that 1 Gbps broadband is being installed across the VOO network.
Result: the entire family can surf or stream simultaneously without dropouts or buffering, and you get even higher download speeds.
Our ultra-high-speed broadband technology
Several technologies exist to provide you with ultra-high-speed broadband. We often talk about Fibre-To-The-Home or FTTH. However, laying fibre-optic cables to everybody's home generally involves digging up the street and complex ground works, which can be slow and costly.
Our VOO high-performance network, made up of both fibre-optic and coaxial cables, means we can effectively carry huge quantities of signals and data (analogue TV, digital TV, VoD, internet, etc.)
Over the years, VOO has developed our network to enable it to carry more and more signals. We have just switched over to the new cable modem technology called DOCSIS 3.1! This development means we can offer you even higher broadband speeds thanks to faster transfer rates and new algorithms that improve the efficiency of the encryption.